To create the Summit Pack, we took the minimalist elements of our urban Metro Pack and coupled it with the functional elements of our best-selling Porter pack. The result is a small versatile pack that has what you need for a single day big wall summit, but is also streamlined enough to double as your around-the-town walking or cycling pack.
The 2014 Summit Pack includes re-designed shoulder strap attachments creating a quantum-leap in carrying comfort. Weighing in at 12.7 oz (360 grams) this 1800cu/in or 30 liter gem also includes two vertical daisy chains, shock cord lacing for storing wet rain gear, two side compression straps, roll-top closure, haul loop, minimalist hip-belt strap and an ultralight sternum strap.
Recommended carrying capacity is 5-20 lbs and the Summit Pack is made from our 100% waterproof Cuben/50d Poly hybrid fabric allowing the best water resistance on the market for a non-dry bag pack.
.80lbs : 12.7oz : 360g
- Constructed from Cuben/Polyester hybrid material
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Capacity: 1800 cu/in
- Roll-Top closure which can be rolled up or down
- Top closure side compression straps
- Ultralight 3/4" webbing hip-belt.
- Shock cord lacing for additional gear storage.
- Two exterior daisy chains for attaching gear or other accessories
- Sternum strap included
- Bar tacked reinforcements on all stress points
- Fully sealed main body seams.
- Stitched with bonded Tex 69 thread
- Hand crafted in Maine, USA
- Top Circumference - 32" or 81.28cm
- Bottom Circumference - 31" or 78.74cm
- Height Fully Unrolled - 27" or 68.58cm
- Back width - 10" or 25.4cm
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Excellent day pack Review by Tyler
I just received my Summit + stuff pocket; perfect for my uses on day hikes along coastal areas. The waterproof properties + roll-top closure sold it for me. And, let's be honest - it looks REAL sharp!
Like my other HMG purchases, the craftsman is superb with careful attention to the stitching and construction of cuben products. And, it shipped out within days! Fall's a busy season and I'm really thrilled they were able to turn the order around so quickly.
In addition to my heavier 150D Porter 4400, the Summit is an excellent bit of kit. I'm packrafting and hiking in wetter conditions; the HMG products maintain high performance without the weight penalty. Keep up the outstanding work!!!
- OK for winter Review by Bob
- So far this pack is excellent, Perhaps a bit noisy but I think it might soften up after some more use. My main concern is it's color, It's OK for winter, but next hunting season..... I'd love to purchase a camo or subdued color 4400 pack. Let me know if you guy's start making different colors, I'll be buying another pack from you if you do. Thanks Bob Phillips Alaska
- Great for day hikes and easy summits Review by Kurt
Gave the pack a good test on a real summit with a long 7+ mile, 4000+ foot approach. Stuffed rope and spare clothes into pack, carried crampons, ice axe and crampons attached to pack, plus 2 liters of water. With no hip belt and no padding in the shoulder straps this was pushing the limits of what the pack is designed to do. Used a sit pad for back padding. Pack carried well and I had no real complaints; shoulders were sore but I expected that.
Would I do it again? No, probably not; I'll take the Ice Pack 2400 next time, but it's nice to know that the Summit Pack will hold up to abuse.
Any suggestions? A hydration port would be nice to avoid having to stop and take off the pack to get a drink. Other than that, it's a great pack for day hiking and light summit usage.
Write Your Own Review