We built the small and versatile Summit Pack for your El Cap Nose-in-day ascent, the sub 24-hour Grand Teton summit attempts, or for anyone pushing the super ultralight limits. Combining the minimalist elements of our urban Metro Pack with the functional basics of our 4400 Porter pack, the Summit securely holds enough water, food, extra gear and clothing for your big day. And it’s streamlined so nothing gets in the way while you are en route. Bring it on your bigger adventures; it’s light and easy to stuff into a larger pack. Or just use this sweet rig around the town or for cycling, walking or commuting to work. Made with 100% waterproof Cuben Fiber, the Summit is also highly water resistant.
See Specs tab for technical details.
- Made in Maine
- Available in white and black
- Constructed from Cuben/Polyester hybrid material
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Roll-Top closure
- Top closure side compression straps
- Ultralight 3/4" webbing hip-belt.
- Shock cord lacing for additional gear storage.
- Four external daisy chains for attaching gear or Summit Stuff Pocket
- Sternum strap included
- Bar tacked reinforcements on all stress points
- Fully sealed main body seams.
- Stitched with bonded Tex 69 thread
Pack Size N/A Specs
0.79 lbs | 12.7 oz | 360g (White)
0.89 lbs | 14.2 oz | 402g (Black)
Load capacity: 5 – 20 lbs
Body: 50D Cuben/Polyester Hybrid for white version
Body: 150D Cuben/Polyester Hybrid for black version
Bottom: Double reinforced 150D Cuben/Polyester Hybrid
Volume: 1800 cu in. (30L)
Top Circumference: 32" (81.3cm)
Bottom Circumference: 31" (78.7cm)
Height Fully Unrolled: 27" (68.6cm)
Back width: 10" (25.4cm)
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Excellent day pack Review by Tyler
I just received my Summit + stuff pocket; perfect for my uses on day hikes along coastal areas. The waterproof properties + roll-top closure sold it for me. And, let's be honest - it looks REAL sharp!
Like my other HMG purchases, the craftsman is superb with careful attention to the stitching and construction of cuben products. And, it shipped out within days! Fall's a busy season and I'm really thrilled they were able to turn the order around so quickly.
In addition to my heavier 150D Porter 4400, the Summit is an excellent bit of kit. I'm packrafting and hiking in wetter conditions; the HMG products maintain high performance without the weight penalty. Keep up the outstanding work!!!
- OK for winter Review by Bob
- So far this pack is excellent, Perhaps a bit noisy but I think it might soften up after some more use. My main concern is it's color, It's OK for winter, but next hunting season..... I'd love to purchase a camo or subdued color 4400 pack. Let me know if you guy's start making different colors, I'll be buying another pack from you if you do. Thanks Bob Phillips Alaska
- Great for day hikes and easy summits Review by Kurt
Gave the pack a good test on a real summit with a long 7+ mile, 4000+ foot approach. Stuffed rope and spare clothes into pack, carried crampons, ice axe and crampons attached to pack, plus 2 liters of water. With no hip belt and no padding in the shoulder straps this was pushing the limits of what the pack is designed to do. Used a sit pad for back padding. Pack carried well and I had no real complaints; shoulders were sore but I expected that.
Would I do it again? No, probably not; I'll take the Ice Pack 2400 next time, but it's nice to know that the Summit Pack will hold up to abuse.
Any suggestions? A hydration port would be nice to avoid having to stop and take off the pack to get a drink. Other than that, it's a great pack for day hiking and light summit usage.