Aquamira Water Treatment 1 oz.
For serious water treatment in nearly every situation, rely on Aquamira Water Treatment. Aquamira Water Treatment unlocks the power of Chlorine Dioxide to kill bacteria and enhance the taste of treated water. Small size, long shelf life, and high efficacy make this the ideal solution for anyone in any situation around the world. Unlike iodine or other treatments, Aquamira won’t discolor your water and actually improves its taste.
The EPA registered chlorine dioxide formula has consistently proven to be effective in clear, muddy, warm and cold water. Small size, portability and long shelf life allows this highly effective treatment method to be easily carried and used by individuals anywhere in the world. Each kit contains everything you need to treat up to 30 gallons of water.
0.19 lbs | 3.0 oz | 85g
Kills odor causing bacteria and enhances the taste of stored
- Treatment has a 4 year shelf life from manufacturing date
- Treats up to 30 gallons
- Easy to Use
- No Aftertaste
- Made in the USA
- EPA Reg. No. 71766-1
Weight: 0.19 lbs | 3.0 oz | 85g
Made of pure titanium.Chlorine dioxide is generated when the Aquamira® Water Treatment comes in contact with water. Chlorine dioxide is iodine and chlorine free. The unique formula works by releasing nascent oxygen, a highly active form of oxygen, which is a strong oxidant and a powerful germicidal agent. Chlorine dioxide has been used by municipal water treatment plants to kill a variety of waterborne pathogens since the late 1940s. Unlike free chlorine (familiar as household bleach) or other halogen chemicals (such as iodine), chlorine dioxide does not create potentially harmful by-products.
Aquamira’s key benefits are clearly evident when compared to the other common portable water treatment chemicals such as iodine. Chlorine dioxide is a significantly stronger oxidant than iodine, with greater pathogen killing power. Unlike iodine, chlorine dioxide kills protozoan cysts such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia which are responsible for over 80% of waterborne illnesses. Chlorine Dioxide does not discolor water, nor does it give water an unpleasant taste. In fact, chlorine dioxide is often used to improve the taste of water by neutralizing unpleasant flavors.