Stripped Down Home Packaged Ultralight Backcountry Breakfast Recipes, By Mike St. Pierre
In preparation for 16 days of extreme thru hiking through the Grand Canyon, Hyperlite Mountain Gear CEO Mike St. Pierre spent countless hours developing ultralight backcountry breakfast recipes. He weighed, measured and then vacuum sealed all his creations. Two of those recipes are included below. Read more of his recipes in his article “Food Prep & Recipes for Ultralight Thru Hike Adventures.” Share your recipes with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thru Hiker’s Oatmeal (620, weighs 4.7oz)
- ¼ cup dried instant oatmeal
- 2 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp. Pine nuts
- 2 tbsp. raisins or other dried fruit
- ½ cup freeze dried apples
- ¼ cup powdered milk
Grand Canyon Granola (600 calories, weighs 5oz)
- Cup of granola Bulk bins from Whole Foods or your local grocery store
- ¼ cup powdered whole milk
- 2 tbsp. raisins
- 2 tbsp. nuts (pine nuts have a lot of calories)
For more recipes ideas, check out our Food & Recipes blog posts.
The post 2 Calorie-rich, Ultralight Backcountry Breakfast Recipes appeared first on Hyperlite Mountain Gear Blog.