The Daybreak in action, Durango, Colo. Photo by Steve Fassbinder.
Whether you’re peak bagging in the Rocky Mountains or navigating the Northeast’s thickly wooded 4000 footers, our Daybreak Pack offers the perfect mix of durability, comfort and weather-resistance for any 24-hour (or less) backcountry outing. We made this simple, but highly technical daypack for those of us who can’t always get out for that thru hike or week-long trip. As with all our gear, we utilized waterproof Dyneema® Cuben Fiber, the most cutting-edge fabric in the industry to offer a pack that’s lighter and more durable than the competition.
The Daybreak is available in three torso sizes so you can get a custom fit for better performance on the trail. We also left out the complicated open organizers and notebook pockets in favor of technical features like removable ice axe loops, ergonomic, easy access water bottle holders and waterproof zippers. Because when it comes down to it, the Daybreak is a highly specialized piece of equipment designed to serve your needs when you’re far from home. The fact that it fits so great that you’ll want to take it from the coffee shop to work to the rock gym and everywhere in between is besides the point.
Read more about the Daybreak technical daypack.
- Weight: 1 lb. 3oz
- Dimensions: 21” x 11” x 6.5” (bottom dimension)
- Volume: 1040 cubic inches – 17 liters (Not including external pockets)
- Material: 150D Black Dyneema® Cuben Fiber/Polyester hybrid
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large
- Large external front pocket, great for hydration/snacks/rain jacket
- Removable ice axe attachments
- Front shock cord system allows you to lash gear or compress the pack
- Two angled side water bottle pockets that are easy to reach while wearing the pack
- Clamshell design and long YKK, uretek,water-repellent zipper allows for wide pack access
- Lightly padded 1.5” hip belt with peekaboo pocket to store hip belt when it’s not in use
- Internal zippered pocket designed to hold phones/keys/money/etc
- Internal sleeve pocket helps to compartmentalize your gear (also fits a 13” laptop)
- Bright orange liner makes it easy to see what’s in your pack
- Comfortable ¼” padded back panel with chevron-stitched design.
- Dyneema® Hardline shoulder straps with ¼” foam, spacer mesh and elastic hose keepers
- Adjustable sternum strap with whistle